DUFC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DUFC Forum

The Dunfermline United Football Club Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterDUFC ARCADELog in

good result

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scottie210107
DUFC reserve team player

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-09-26

good result Empty
PostSubject: good result   good result Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 12:18 am

dufc 3 lochore 2

firstly pitch is shite and changing facilities are brutal. it kind of suits our game in a way as we are good from throw in's set pieces etc but the surface is so bad down there its unreal.

game was a very good game i thought, tony did well at right back going forward with ball, joe 2 goals should be doing that every game and a good working performance from all, well done to jase too who i have never seen win so many headers before, if that pitch had any grass it would be fair to say you covered every blade of it jase.

think we deserved a draw at the least, we created a lot of chances and need to be careful about missing them, kinda obvious lol

sets us up for an exciting end to season, be good game tues against sky, good to play on a proper pitch Very Happy

p.s stoz throw a sickie affraid
Back to top Go down
jason
DUFC reserve team player

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-09-01

good result Empty
PostSubject: Re: good result   good result Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:27 am

Enjoyed the game yesterday despite the fact there wasn't really much good stuff getting played.

Dunno why exactly but i was a real moaning bugger yesterday. I think i really wanted to win the game and was just trying to keep on top of everyone, i just cant help myself!

Have read a few opinions on the game yesterday and my feeling wasn't that we had robbed them after the game. A draw might have been a fair result but it was never a robbery. I thought we worked hard for it and have done now for the last few weeks. Even when we aren't playing great football we have become a hard team to beat and the team and bench on Sunday was strong even without a few missing players.

Really pleased for Joe getting two important goals. A guy with a touch and finish like his probably should get more. Also glad Ewan got on the scoresheet as i really feel he could score barrowloads of goals in this league.

Cant say anybody didn't play well. Team had a good balance and it bodes well for next season if everyone stays.

Really looking forward to the Sky game. One of my (many) old teams so thats always a motivator to want to win.
Back to top Go down
scottie210107
DUFC reserve team player

good result Empty
PostSubject: Re: good result   good result Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:34 am

You and james were in fine moaning mood yesterday Laughing

I hope also that we are training on thursday even though game on tuesday as its a great chance for us to get even fitter playing and training whenever possible imo Cool
Back to top Go down
jason
DUFC reserve team player

good result Empty
PostSubject: Re: good result   good result Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:40 am

Agree about the training. Game on Tuesday and training on Thursday really gets you into football. We haven't really played regularly since xmas (or so it feels at least) so it gives us a chance to get back into a style of football again and gets the new lads comfortable with it.

On another note, i think Chris and Iain might have the makings of a good partnership too once they learn each others game.
Back to top Go down
wilson82
DUFC reserve team player
wilson82

Number of posts : 44

good result Empty
PostSubject: Re: good result   good result Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 2:39 pm

You're right Jase - you're a moaning bar-stewart!! But proved worthy in the end. We could easily have let them take control yesterday and perhaps win the game but between your shouting and the (ahem!) quality of the goal-scorers we did enough!!!

First start for me since December and only semi-fit at that - good to be back though.

Copy of my goal for those who've forgotten!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good result Head-dive
Back to top Go down
scottie210107
DUFC reserve team player

good result Empty
PostSubject: Re: good result   good result Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 3:25 pm

Laughing Right in the corner Cool
Back to top Go down
Stoz
DUFC reserve squad player

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-11-12

good result Empty
PostSubject: Re: good result   good result Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 6:07 pm

I enjoyed yesterdays game alot yesterday apart from the first 10 mins when i made a dodgy start and off course the penalty decision. I personally didnt think it was a penalty as i pulled out of the challenge and the boys run into me. Fair play to him as im sure we all would have done it but if Ref was a bit stronger perhaps he wouldnt have given it. I just wanted the ground to swallow me up. The feeling of elation i got was amazing tho when Joe got the winner. What a natutal HIGH. Bring on Sky!
Back to top Go down
nwohbk76
DUFC reserve team player
nwohbk76

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-10-26

good result Empty
PostSubject: Re: good result   good result Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 3:10 pm

great to see the guys really enthusiastic about the football. we have went on to be a good team and can only get better the longer we stay together. think we have a really good squad on and off field apart from the odd fallings out but that happens in every team. hopefully we can finish the season on a high. think we have the quality to do just that. good luck tonight against sky. im sure you lads will get the result. cyas all on sunday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scottie210107
DUFC reserve team player

good result Empty
PostSubject: Re: good result   good result Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:21 pm

sky 0 dufc 0, lost 5-3 pens

good facilities sky have and feck me that is a large pitch, went home and crawled into bed, after getting roasted by meeks for 45 minutes I was goosed.

second half wasn't so bad.

Felt throughout we had the better possession and territorially we had more of the game. we never made many chances but there's a few different playing styles in operation and maybe thats something we have to adapt to.

It gave us a good idea of what we'd be up against if we were promoted, clearly the club would need a couple of stand out players imo if we wanted to be at a higher level than sky but at the moment both teams very similar.

Can't think of any stand out performers or much positive/negative to really say about it other than it was a dull kind of match to play in and 0-0 kind of summed it up. I think if we'd got 1 we would have gone on to win the match but as I said before don't think we really deserved 1. I would say in all positions we need to be offering more in terms of short football instead of folk running away and the ball being banged forward, currie especially was coming short which was a good outlet. Best thing about us at the moment is that we are a very hardworking team and very competitive. We've come a long way but still work to do if we want to win the league imo playing like last night we'll draw every game 0-0 What a Face

Quick word of praise to Stevie who outwith the lottery of penalties is playing very well in terms of goalkeeping at the moment and making some great saves. When taking short goal kicks needs to put more pace on ball though as lot of time we're hanging about getting closed down and we haven't got the ball yet.

Cya's tomorrow if its on?!?!
Back to top Go down
jason
DUFC reserve team player

good result Empty
PostSubject: Re: good result   good result Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:11 pm

A pretty fair assessment of the game. Not too much to add to that really. Both teams pretty much cancelled each other out and not really too many goal scoring chances to speak about.

Still feel we will take a bit longer to gel to how we play as a team.

Legs sore today.
Back to top Go down
Stoz
DUFC reserve squad player

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-11-12

good result Empty
PostSubject: Re: good result   good result Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:52 pm

Steve has been superb this season. I havent seen many keepers better at 1 on 1's than him. Dont know whether it bravery or stupidity ! Positive for me was that sweetly struck penalty of mine, unstoppable !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
scottie210107
DUFC reserve team player

good result Empty
PostSubject: Re: good result   good result Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:27 pm

All the takers showed good bottle, to be honest I was just glad some cant missed as you could be sure my penalty would have been hitting inverkeithing like my shot in the second half Shocked

Got a text and training is on so see you there cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

good result Empty
PostSubject: Re: good result   good result Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

good result
Page 1 of 1