DUFC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DUFC Forum

The Dunfermline United Football Club Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterDUFC ARCADELog in

BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS

Go down 
+3
Daryl
scottie210107
nwohbk76
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nwohbk76
DUFC reserve team player
nwohbk76

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-10-26

BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Empty
PostSubject: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 3:21 pm

SORRY TO SHOUT BUT I THINK ITS NEEDED. HOPE EVERYONE DOING WELL WITH THE SPONSORED WALK SHEETS. ALSO TOTE TO BE SOLD THIS WEEK. EVERYONE HAS BOOKS SO NO EXCUSES. FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE FOOTBALL CARDS PLEASE SELL THEM AND HAND THEM BACK IN. WE NEED TO GET THE TOTE STARTED AGAIN AS IT WAS A GOOD MONEY MAKER FOR THE CLUB. JOE YOU CAN LEAVE IT THIS WEEK AS YOUR THE ONLY ONE TO ACTUALLY SELL ANY. PLEASE LADS TRY WITH THIS OK!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU DONT HAVE TOTE BOOKS LET JOHNNY KNOW SO HE CAN GIVE EM OUT AT TRAINING.
I HAVE A LIST OF WHO DOES AND DOESNT.
Back to top Go down
scottie210107
DUFC reserve team player

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 6:48 pm

I don't have a sponsor sheet and I don't really know what its for, when is it etc?
Back to top Go down
nwohbk76
DUFC reserve team player
nwohbk76

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 6:22 pm

you could ask the gaffer as he was given some to take to training 2 weeks ago for anyone that didnt go back to pub when they were handed out. will bring one on sunday and explain
Back to top Go down
scottie210107
DUFC reserve team player

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 2:24 am

Nowt happening tomorrow and won't be there at training or game next week.......when's the walk and where?
Back to top Go down
nwohbk76
DUFC reserve team player
nwohbk76

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 12:50 pm

at the moment it is scheduled for 9.30 am on 17th november. may change to following week though. johnny or myself have sponsor sheets.
Back to top Go down
Daryl
DUFC reserve team player
Daryl

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 2:44 pm

thats a bit shyt for gaz lol huving to cum froo from kincardine and the go back and get his party all set up Idea lol
Back to top Go down
Daryl
DUFC reserve team player
Daryl

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 2:45 pm

scottie210107 wrote:
Nowt happening tomorrow and won't be there at training or game next week.......when's the walk and where?

why you not there for the game and training??
Back to top Go down
scottie210107
DUFC reserve team player

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 2:55 pm

Going to Aberdeen for Uefa Cup Thursday and work Saturday's.
Back to top Go down
scottie210107
DUFC reserve team player

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 2:57 pm

nwohbk76 wrote:
at the moment it is scheduled for 9.30 am on 17th november. may change to following week though. johnny or myself have sponsor sheets.

I can't make either, will sponsor Mr Weymes for a fiver Laughing

As if Gary will turn up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daryl
DUFC reserve team player
Daryl

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 3:12 pm

scottie210107 wrote:
nwohbk76 wrote:

I can't make either, will sponsor Mr Weymes for a fiver Laughing

As if Gary will turn up Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
Gaz
DUFC reserve squad player

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-08-31

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 6:05 pm

I wont be at walk as i have said we will be at Scotland game.

For fund raising to get tote or Football Card to work we all need to do it i dont do it but will start too .Why not take £2.50 and whats left over every game put in a kitty for end of season and have monthly fund raiser like car wash ,race night etc .
Back to top Go down
Neally
DUFC reserve team player
Neally

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 7:47 pm

Think the 17th was just a possible date, Johnny will let us know . Pretty important that we all make an effort . When we started the tote I used to get a few people to do it but lost interest like most others ,when you work in a place with very few people you feel like a pest asking for money all the time but when you think about it you could get 4 or 5 sets of numbers sold without even doing it at work. I think Johnny had to fork out a bit of his own money so lets make sure it doesn't happen again.
Back to top Go down
nwohbk76
DUFC reserve team player
nwohbk76

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 2:43 pm

all it takes is 4 tickets by everyone to get a decent ammount in. am sure you will all agree it aint much. please try lads. we want this club to be as good as it possibly can. look what we have achieved so far. cheers
Back to top Go down
scottie210107
DUFC reserve team player

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 3:26 pm

Yeah but if nobody will buy them then your paying £2 yourself again, we already pay £2 or £3 a match day and £4 for training or whatever it is on a weekly basis. We also paid for our own tracksuit tops and all the rest of it, costs a fkn fortune to play for this team.

Surely its up to the club to get some money out of the pub instead of them buying us tracksuits get cash of them, that way its not the players having to fork out all the time.

I can just about get my head around paying for matches/training as that happens at most clubs (some will have funds to pay for this) but the idea is that we are also the fund raisers for the club does my nut in as we've already had 2 race nights in the last year to raise funds now a sponsored walk, a weekely tote, fk sake, more fundraisers than camelot and its the player paying for it all the time so how about the pub instead of wasting £400 on tracksuits no cant wants gives it to the club and we can stay in our beds on the 17th and we don't get hassled about totes Shocked
Back to top Go down
wilson82
DUFC reserve team player
wilson82

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 3:46 pm

Hallelujah!!

T'was on the day of 19th January 1983 a legend was born.

Armed with rational thought, a beer belly and two left feet cheers he began his fight against foolish thinking to ensure the world didn't waste time and money on needless brain-farts.

The legend is...............Scotty Mac.

I second the motion

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gaz

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:52 pm

I agree that johnny shouldnt pay out of his own pocket while us player do make contribution on match days and race nights as scotty stated which i agree what he says the key i think we need to do is get pub to get involved by giving us money and putting on sandwiches and night before we play opposition contact them to come back also and show pub we are bring other team back as well and they might part with money.I know £4 for training and £2 is not that much etc it does added up.
Back to top Go down
jason
DUFC reserve team player

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 5:18 pm

Worth logging on just to tip my cap to thee Scottie boy. Absolutely the voice of reason on the site. A well crafted post indeed, using your renowned subtlety to make your feelings known. I, for one, concur.
Back to top Go down
nwohbk76
DUFC reserve team player
nwohbk76

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 5:56 pm

the clothing was subsidised by club although players did make a contribution. i dont think it really takes that much effort to sell six quid of tote. as with pub look at it from their point of view. its the same people every week that goes back and some only go for food then leave. its good of them to make the effort and give us what they do. they are also gonna give us £2 a pint and a deal for nips too. some people want to make the effort to help this club whilst others haven't. if anyone doesnt want to make the effort then thats up to them. no one is forcing a player to sell tote/doing walks ect. its all about helping the club and fellow players who have made an effort. with fundraising nights its about getting the team together and having a laugh whilst being able to raise for the club too. if players invited friends n family then that would help. as i said it is optional and the player incentive is they get money back for what they have sold at end of season . must admit am a bit surprised and dissapointed at some of the comments. it is optional

MATCH FEE £2 x 16 PLAYERS = £32
REF £15
STRIPS WASHED £6
CHANGING ROOM HIRE £10 PER GAME

doesnt leave much out of £32 quid

training... if anyone can think of anywhere free , put your idea to john then no payment will be required for training or find somewhere cheaper.
Back to top Go down
scottie210107
DUFC reserve team player

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 6:33 pm

End of day I only want to play football and its up to the committee to run the finances........

However I would have thought it was obvious if on a weekly basis we're not covering our costs then make it £3 for starting 11 and £1 a sub for a match, you'll take in £35.

Away games we only pay £15 for ref and £6 for strips so each away game you'll make at least £12 profit, over course of season that will add up to maybe even £200 and at home our costs will be covered.

Then instead of the pub buying us tracksuits why can't the donate the money to the club to spend how it chooses? Nobody objects to the odd race night either and if you's cant run a club with that money then I don't know what to say other than we are a sunday football club so what you expect of boys, its only meant to be fun but we get hassled about funds!

With regard to pub they are a bunch of chancers, anytime i've been to pub there's been about 15 boys stuck in a lobby, if you want more folk then invite the away clubs? Also boys have gone down there to watch international games etc so what mor are they expecting? 50 of us down there every night before they'll give us some dosh?
Back to top Go down
scottie210107
DUFC reserve team player

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 6:33 pm

wilson82 wrote:
Hallelujah!!

T'was on the day of 19th January 1983 a legend was born.

Armed with rational thought, a beer belly and two left feet cheers he began his fight against foolish thinking to ensure the world didn't waste time and money on needless brain-farts.

The legend is...............Scotty Mac.

I second the motion

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Made me laugh anyway lol!
Back to top Go down
nwohbk76
DUFC reserve team player
nwohbk76

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:00 pm

as i said its optional and you dont have to get involved. pitch fees, refs, league reg, training balls, match balls, training equpment , pegs, medical stuff, bottles and many other things over the course of the season come to alot more than £200 quid. all we are askin is sell 4 tote tickets to make 6 quid is it really alot to ask for? fundraising events help pay for player of the year dance ,trophies,medals and hopefully a christmas night out. it all adds up scotty n were only doing it to try make the club a good place to be and attract hopefully some quality players.
Back to top Go down
Gaz

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:21 pm

Tony what you and other people in this club have done has been great new strips and sponsors and we have our own website and i think we are sunday league Team and what we have achieved on commercial side of things is alot .I like everyone else just want to play football we understand that it does cost and thats why for race nights and return to pub etc we are all their wanting to raise much money as possible.Rather than put this on forum lets all get a meeting discuss what everyone willing and wanting to do ie ideas to raise money for DUFC as we all players here it would only benefit us .
Back to top Go down
nwohbk76
DUFC reserve team player
nwohbk76

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 8:30 pm

i agree a meeting would be helpful but its getting everyone there just never happens. yes we are sunday league but me an le guen dont want to be an average sunday league team but a winning team and as am sure you will agree the club morale has lifted this season cause of all the changes and in the future i am sure it would atract quality players. we are doing really well and i think a big part of that is we look like a proper club which makes the team feel like a unit.

for scottie ( you will have ssaved a fortune this season wi no playin at the begining lol! )

anyway to bring this argument to a close it is optional for players to take part. if you dont want to then dont. no one forcing anyone to do it.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS   BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRIDGE WALK / TOTE / FOOTBALL CARDS
Page 1 of 1